Sunday 26 August 2012

Rainbow Connection


This may seem a random post, but I've been playing the Weezer and Hayley Williams version of this song over and over today.

I have to admit I love this song and have ever since I first heard it as a child. There is something heart warming about it and for me personally it pays to remind me whatever life throws at us, we have to try to look up and forwards. Easier said than done at times I know. But if we let life's trials and tribulations get on top of us it is easy to find yourself on a downward spiral.

My advice (for what its worth) is when everything is going crap do something nice for someone else. I guarantee, whilst it may not solve any of your problems, it will make you feel better. It doesn't need to be anything huge or outlandish. A card or a letter to let someone know you thought about them that day, an unexpected hug, a small token of any sort, perhaps just provide a listening ear and some company. I bet if you thought about it right now you could bring to mind someone you know who could probably do with one of these things. In lifting someone else it is hard to stay down. It helps put life, and your own problems, in perspective.

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."





In the words of the amazing Mr Jim Henson:
"When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope still is to leave the world a  little bit better for my having been here. It's a wonderful life and I love it."

AND REMEMBER..
Whatever life throws at any of us we can still dream, wish upon stars and believe in that little bit of magic!!
Sweet dreams, folks x

No comments:

Post a Comment