Thursday 30 August 2012

Goodbye white watch

AdventureToday is my last day working as a firefighter on white watch, Northland road fire Station. I recently secureed a promtion which is taking me to another fire station in the town. I have been at Northland for 10 years. Was the first female firefighter in our city and have had the joy of working with the best group of guys in that time. although I'll still see them from time to time, I know this is a big change for me.

However, i have felt myself in a rut for the last year and sometimes change is as good as a rest. I am ready for change to happen to me adn whether it is for better or worse it looks like it's happening.

Naturally I am apprehensive about going to a new team, and one which has had not had a female on their crew to date! But in a way this represents a new chapter in my life and I'm trying to look on it as an adventure.

And if it doesn't work out? Well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
 change

But for now, I'm going to go to my station and enjoy my last day with my boys. Love y'all xx
Always, Ethel <3

No comments:

Post a Comment